Monday, June 25, 2012

We're Only Layers of Skin Hiding Bones


We're Only Layers of Skin 
Hiding Bones

Red skin
Purified
Scrub the scraps
Of skin cells,

Jasmine soap,
Liquid glitter gel,
Upside down
Seasons

In the granite,
The sunset whistles
Upon the horizon,
Vertical to the dead man

Windows cracked
Lavender leaves
Boxed below in
The crevice,

The clouds shall part
And when it rains
On your flawed skin,
I shall gather up

My scorpions,
With wide open arms
Naked structures of
The putrefied domain,

Blood floats in
Your bath water
Translucent rose petals
Luring in the beautiful

Demons, trapped
Inside a beating heart
Waiting for the clink
Of the drain,

They shall swim
Through rusted pipes
Into the ocean,
An ample montage

Of waste.


The Sunday Whirl world prompt. I used all the words in the image.


10 Comments So Far:

  1. Your tight concise structure emphasizes the vivid images you have created.

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done; the ending is especially stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this is stunning.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall gather up


    My scorpions,
    With wide open arms


    nice...and the blood in the bath water, rose petals makes for a killer visual as well....

    and great closure ma'am

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful imagery kept me reading on.

    Great work here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strong, stunning imagery. It's all been said, because it is all true. This is damn rich writing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has great rawness and visceralness to its surreal texture. I love the images and how they pull out emotions and link up thoughts that I might not otherwise connect. Very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love. Absolutely delicious bath water.

    Incredible title and image.

    This is my favorite section:
    "I shall gather up
    My scorpions,
    With wide open arms
    Naked structures of
    The putrefied domain,
    Blood floats in
    Your bath water
    Translucent rose petals
    Luring in the beautiful
    Demons"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the scorpions...I saw a show once where their mating dance by the full moon over sands was intense. As others have noted very intense imagery.
    My shorter entry is here (but there is a link at the bottom to the longer story verse also):
    http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-whirl-62-crust-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strong, vivid story told through the equally strong, vivid imagery.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Lilu. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...