Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bring Me the Storm



Bring Me the Storm

Bring me
The storm,
The damp bolts
Of rain upon
My aching
Shoulders

A tender
Husk of
Water,

Bring me
The storm,
I want to
Feel the sky
Cry,

Soft drops
Upon my
Cheeks, like
Bundled
Cords of
Velvet,

I want to
Remain as
The thunder
Roars above—

Bring me
The storm,
The hard
Purple horizon,

The currents
That shook the legs
Of bridges,
The deep blue
Flames that climbed
Up the wood,

Bring me the
Storm—
Throw me in
The splash of
Molecules,

I want to
Feel the world
From the inside,
The raw flesh of
The eyes.


12 Comments So Far:

  1. It's pouring down rain here in West Sussex. I wish it would let up a bit! Enjoyed with poem very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lush...gorgeous! Here's the part that sets me reeling:
    Bring me

    The storm,
    I want to
    Feel the sky
    Cry,

    Soft drops
    Upon my
    Cheeks, like
    Bundled
    Cords of
    Velvet,


    Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is power in such storms, isn't there. Your poem is powerful and creates great imagery of what happens during these huge storm systems.
    Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific. The repetition of "bring me the storm" felt like distant rumblings of thunder... this is very alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but wonder if the poem would be even more powerful with "shook" and "climbed" rendered in the present tense...

    A Little Whirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you did with the wordle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, almost a lament to me ... I like your entreaties to "bring me" and the wordle words are woven seamlessly - very nice.

    http://seingrahamsays.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/releasing-an-angel/

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's a sense of desperation to be whole, to feel....I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Loved it from title to finish.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Lilu. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...