Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Truth: Day 11

DAY 1 / DAY 2 / DAY 3 / DAY 4 / DAY 5 / DAY 6 / DAY 7 / DAY 8 / DAY 9 DAY 10


Day 11:
Something people seem to compliment you the most on

My intelligence, or my uniqueness — it depends on the environment. At school I am complimented on my intelligence and my study/work methods and my note making. I make very colorful notes, being for the most part a visual learner, and am really specific about my work. I have inherited a bunch of perfectionist tendencies from my mother, and always strive to do my best in my work, whether it is at school or at a job. Part of the cause is, again, everything I have been through. It is very difficult to let go of the past, or live through the present. The future is an important asset in my every day life. Getting a good education is basis for a good future, ergo I put my energy in my education.

Some of my history notes from last course.
I am also complimented upon my uniqueness and, moreover, how I am different from others. I have had my spell of trying to fit in but after a while realized it’s not good and started to just be me. These days, I don’t have to fear that I will be judged upon qualities of my persona. Some people will mention how I dress differently, or how I see things differently, or how my laughter is different from the usual kind (whatever that is).

In the earlier years these things have not, however, been a compliment.

I was bullied for a long while due to my smartness. Had I come out in high school, I figure I would have been bullied for that too. I guess giving out the full picture of what it is to be you requires an audience mature enough to digest this information. Thus, what used to be seen as a fault has become a virtue.

It’s funny, really, how things can go through such a transformation without actually transforming. It’s like I am observed through a different lens.

3 Comments So Far:

Copyright © 2014 Lilu. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...